Sunday, November 6, 2011

Moral support PLEASE!!!

When I was 17 I flew to Florida for spring break....it was the first and last time I flew.  I hated every minute of it.  I've always had this little problem though.... I have a legit phobia of flying.  The thought of it scares me sooooo much.  My friends give me crap for it all the time and I'm so sick of being afraid of it, but I can't help it!

I know you're probable reading this thinking," You're more likely to die going to work in your car than die in a plane crash."  Statistically, I know that.  These are my reasons why....just hear me out.

1. If I were to get into a car accident, it would be on the ground.  Medical personal can just come to where I am.  If there were an emergency in the air, it would take 45min to descend and land not to mention you can only land on a runway...so good luck if you're over water.
2. If my car breaks down, I just sit and wait for AAA.  If my plane breaks down....we have to make it back to the ground...in one piece.
3. A car accident happens so fast...boom...its done.  If you're going to die, the impact is split second and it's over.  In a plane, you're inside the plane as its falling....time to know you're going to blow up and die.  Or worse, the place could break apart and you could just get sucked out and fall to your death.
4. Though you're more likely to get into a car accident, you're also more likely to walk away from that car accident alive.  In a plane crash...if you crash...you crash...you're dead...there is no "walking away" from something like that.


So yes, those are my 4 reasons.  I feel as if they make perfect sense.  To me, it's not about the chances of it actually happening, its a fear that it's going to happen to me if I ever get on a plane.  I'm a total basket case even when a friend or family member flies.  I literally have to check the news all day to make sure there are no plane crashes...and I don't feel better until I know they have landed.  I just don't understand why people think flying is such a good idea.  I mean, you're in a giant piece of metal that is held together with rivets, nuts, and bolts...all things that can break.  It is built like a bird and people hope it won't fall.  I mean come on people, does anyone else think that's put ridiculousness?

Ugh, I think I need help....or really good drugs if I ever want to fly anywhere ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment