Monday, May 13, 2013

So it's been more than a year...

Wow...

I've been gone too long and I think I'm ready to start this again.

Not that I ever wanted to stop, I just couldn't find the time.

My life has changed...actually it's more than changed... it had done a complete 180.

Sooooo, lets recap:

I got a new job...in a different state.  I great job; a job I love.  And due to the new job, and of course the pay raise :)  I was able to move.  Now, I live in The Big City, in an apartment, with a room mate just one state over.  It's been 5 years since I lived in The Big City and being back feels so good.  I went to college in this city and know every corner of it.  It's a big city...not the biggest... but it's my favorite place to live.  Summer is coming up, and it is the best time to live here.

I work for a hotel that is about a half hour north of The Big City.  It's a larger hotel than my last...more than double the size actually.  The past year I've worked in their sales department...filing, answering the phones, making reservations, and drafting contracts.  It's been the best year of work I've ever had.  I went from working the night shift at a hotel desk for over three and half years, to a 9 to 5 Monday through Friday gig which includes my own office... Not too shabby!  I just look at it as I am learning so much, and I have so many opportunities in the future in this industry. 

The heartbreaking thing about all of this...I no longer am able to coach my team.  I had to give it up.  It was such a tough decision, but it was one I had to make.  I miss the team and those girls every day...literally, but it was time to move on.  I've tried coaching a couple other teams out here, but its just not the same.  I didn't have the feelings I did when I coached my girls.  So, I decided to take a break and it definitly was a break well deserved. For the first time in 5 years, I have time to myself again.  It's nice to be able to get out of work at 5 and come home and put pj's on and do nothing.  I'll coach again one day, but for now...I'm taking a leave.

That pretty much sums up where my life is at right now.  Of course there are other things that go along with it, but for surface value, yeah...thats my life right now.

As for plans for my blog... I want to continue to write.  I know I may not get to post every day, but I'd like to start to write a couple to a few times a week.  I miss the online community and reading every one elses' blogs.

Lately, I've just had so much going through my mind, and I keep thinking that the only place I could put them was on here.  So here I go again.

On that note, I'm going to bed...which is something I've never said on my blog before.  Oh, and I love hashtags now... yup, I'm one of those people.


#GoodnightMoon


No comments:

Post a Comment